egroj world: Ultra-Lounge • Christmas Cocktails Vol. 1

NOTICE / AVISO

 


As many of you may have noticed apart from the Ulozto problem the main Mega account has been suspended, therefore the blog will be temporarily down until we can restructure and normalise the blog. I appreciate all the support you have shown me. Thank you for your understanding.

 /////// 

Como muchos habrán notado aparte del problema de Ulozto la cuenta principal Mega ha sido suspendida, por consiguiente el blog se verá disminuido temporalmente hasta poder reestructurar y normalizar el blog. Agradezco todas las muestras de apoyo que me han brindado. Gracias por comprender.



Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Ultra-Lounge • Christmas Cocktails Vol. 1



From Amazon:
This CD makes me laugh out loud. That's saying something. Christmas is often a stressful time. I love the CD, I love the concept, I love the packaging, I love the liner notes. I suppose if I lived in the "swinging" era of night clubs, pointy bras, martinis, and ashtrays on every table, I would find it all a big drag; I don't smoke, don't drink, and I'm a feminist. But, at this safe distance, the swinging, Rat Pack era is an archaelogical trove of great fun.

And, heck, these people really knew their way around a song. Even as I'm laughing at the anachronisms in the CD, I'm enjoying the heck out of some really good music. Kay Starr, Nancy Wilson, Nat King Cole -- these folks had pipes, and the bands are tight. I think that if this CD can't shake someone out of his holiday blues, then hospitalization might be the only route.
 
//////////////////////
 
De Amazon:
Este CD me hace reír a carcajadas. Eso es decir algo. La Navidad es a menudo una época estresante. Me encanta el CD, me encanta el concepto, me encanta el embalaje, me encantan las notas de la cubierta. Supongo que si viviera en la era del "swing" de los clubes nocturnos, los sujetadores puntiagudos, los martinis y los ceniceros en todas las mesas, lo encontraría todo un fastidio; no fumo, no bebo y soy feminista. Pero, a esta distancia segura, la era del Rat Pack es un tesoro arqueológico de gran diversión.

Y, diablos, estas personas realmente sabían cómo manejar una canción. Incluso mientras me río de los anacronismos del CD, disfruto de la buena música. Kay Starr, Nancy Wilson, Nat King Cole... esta gente tenía tubos, y las bandas son muy unidas. Creo que si este CD no puede sacarle a alguien de su depresión navideña, entonces la hospitalización podría ser la única vía.

Traducción realizada con la versión gratuita del traductor www.DeepL.com/Translator


01. Billy May - Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer Mambo
02. Peggy Lee - Winter Wonderland
03. Ray Anthony - Christmas Trumpets/We Wish You a Very Merry Christmas
04. Lou Rawls - Christmas Is
05. Jimmy McGriff - Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town/White Christmas
06. Julie London - I'd Like You for Christmas
07. Al Caiola & Riz Ortolani - Holiday on Skis
08. Kay Star - (Everybody's Waitin' For) The Man with the Bag
09. Hollyridge Strings - Jingle Bells/Jingle Bell Rock
10. Dean Martin - I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm
11. Eddie Dundstedter - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus/Jingle Bells Bossa Nova
12. Ray Anthony - Christmas Kisses
13. Jackie Gleason & Jack Marshall - I'll Be Home for Christmas/Baby, It's Cold Outside
14. Nancy Wilson - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve
15. Capitol Studio Orchestra - Cha-Cha All the Way
16. Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)
17. Les Brown & His Band of Renown - The Nutcracker Suite
18. Fred Waring & the Pennsylvanians - Ring Those Christmas Bells
19. Renzo Cesana (The Continental) - I Bought You Violets
20. Peggy Lee, Nat King Cole, Nancy Wilson & The Chipmunks , Toys for Tots PSA
21. Johnny Mercer & the Capitol Studio Orchestra - Jingle Bells from Capitol Records










MORE Lounge ...





This file is intended only for preview!
I ask you to delete the file from your hard drive or device after reading it.
thank for the original uploader


















 

1 comment: